Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I take the BioBolt X2 out of the package?
- How do I Set Up & Install a BioBolt X2?
- How do I Reset a Biobolt X2?
- Does this fingerprint deadbolt lock automatically?
- Where do the BioBolt X2 keys go?
- How do I change the batteries?
- What kind of batteries should I use?
- How often should I change the batteries?
- If the batteries need replaced or the power is lost will all the users need to be reprogrammed?
- How do I know if the batteries are getting low?
- Can you create a pass code smaller than 8 digits?
- Does each scan count as a user?
- Can I get more keys made for my BioBolt X2?
- Is there a way to purchase a Bio Bolt X2 that has a scanner on both sides of the door?
- How do you change the tailpiece on the BioBolt?
NOTE: After receiving your BioBolt, take the styrofoam packaging out of the cardboard box. To ensure that product does not get damaged, follow the directions while holding both sides of the lock body or placing it on a soft surface.
1. Using a screwdriver, remove the one screw connecting both lock bodies to the styrofoam. (The screws are found on the back lock body or the side without the scanner.)
2. Using a screwdriver, remove the second screw connecting both lock bodies to the styrofoam.
3. Remove the lock bodies from the packaging. You are now ready to install your lock.
NOTE: The screws used to hold the lock in the packaging is not used for installation.
The Bio Bolt does not lock automatically. No Slug Deadbolt locks automatically. It requires that the deadbolt is manually locked, easily by pressing the * button. Scanning or applying a passcode does not lock the deadbolt.
You remove the decorative cover from the key way using the black Magnetic Key Cover tool that came with the lock.
If in a conventional home setting you will be able to get several thousand uses out of a set of batteries. Though not required we do recommend you change batteries at the same time you change them in your smoke detectors or when you change your clocks. It's best to keep the batteries as fresh as possible.
No, if power is lost the stored information is not lost.
When you slide the scanner cover up it will make a series of very quick beeps. That is the low power warning.
No, the deadbolt requires an 8 digit code.
The scanner takes two scans per template but the second scans do not count against the total number of users.
This lock comes with 4 KW1 keys. Normal hardware stores will be able to cut new keys necessary.
No! This question is asked a lot by parents of special needs children who have special security requirements. There are legal limitations to selling anything that locks on both sides of a door.