Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I take my 1TouchIQ2 out of the package?
- How do I set the Date & Time on my 1TouchIQ2-AT?
- How do I use my 1TouchIQ2 Audit Trail Kit?
- How do I enroll an 1TouchIQ2 user with an ID# ?
- How do I enroll random 1TOUCH users?
- How do I reset the 1TouchIQ2
- Where do the keys go?
- How do I change the batteries?
- What kind of batteries should I use?
- How often should I change the batteries?
- How do I know if the batteries are getting low?
- If the batteries need replaced or the power is lost will all the users need to be reprogrammed?
- Can you set it so it stays unlocked?
- Can you create a pass code smaller than 8 digits?
- Does each scan count as a user?
- Can I get more keys made for my 1TouchIQ2?
- Is there a way to purchase a 1TouchIQ that has a scanner on both sides of the door?
NOTE: After receiving your 1TouchIQ2, take the styrofoam packaging out of the cardboard box. To ensure that product does not get damaged, follow the directions while holding both sides of the lock body or placing it on a soft surface.
1. Unscrew the round nut found at the end of the handle.
2. Move the back lock cover in an upward position.
3. Using a screwdriver, remove the one screw connecting both lock bodies to the styrofoam.
4. Now remove the back lock body from the packaging.
You can now install your lock.
NOTE: The screw used to hold the lock in the packaging is not used for installation.
You remove the decorative cover from the key-way using the black Magnetic Key Cover tool that came with the lock.
On the back lock body (the side of the lock without the scanner) to find the battery cover:
1. Unscrew the cylinder piece up against the back lock body going around the handle.
2. Take the back lock body off by sliding it around the handle.
3. Replace the batteries.
Any 4 AA batteries will work. We suggest for 1st time users get brand name new batteries like Energizer or Duracell.
If in a conventional home setting you will be able to get several thousand uses out of a set of batteries. Though not required we do recommend you change batteries at the same time you change them in your smoke detectors or when you change your clocks. It's best to keep the batteries as fresh as possible.
When you slide the scanner cover up it will make a series of very quick beeps. That is the low power warning.
No, if power is lost the stored information is not lost.
The 1TouchIQ2 cannot be set to be unlocked like a traditional lock. You can set it to NOT require authentication.
No, the lock requires an 8 digit pass code.
The scanner takes two scans per template but the second scans do not count against the total number of users.
This lock comes with 4 high security “Laser Cut Dimple” keys, which are “Bump proof”. Due to this security feature it is very difficult to have extra keys made. Normal hardware stores will not be able to do it. However you can contact a technical support staff member for details on how to special order more keys.
No! This question is asked a lot by parents of special needs children who have special security requirements. There are legal limitations to selling anything that locks on both sides of a door.